22.7.12

Harriet was Going to Come Over... Take 1

I remember meeting this girl. She was a friend of a friend and I thought she was so cool. She was talking to my friend, Sophie, about this party she'd been too and this guy she accidentally made out with and she was the epitome of ultimate teenage-dom. Then I met her again, the same night I met Cam, at Sophie's party actually and although we talked, she told me later that she was trying to push me towards Cam (they're good friends). So we were acquaintances, might recognise each other in the street. Around 3 weeks after that, she found out she had cancer. Cam texted me when he found out, very upset and I just couldn't imagine her having cancer. Then after Cam and I started going out, he introduced Harriet and me properly and we hit it off straight away. She is probably one of the most amazing people I have ever met, not because she goes to all the cool parties or has all the cool friends. But because she has an amazing inner strength and can make you laugh about anything and everything. I'm so glad that Cam brought her into my life and if you want to read about her adventures, she also has a blog called My Experience of Walking the Dog. So we like to hang out, as all friends do, so I thought I'd do some baking as we had NONE in the cupboards. Shocking right? Even though Cam and I were only housesitting for a couple of weeks, still. It's BAKING. So I made 4 dozen mini muffins. I was going to make normal ones, but then with mini ones you can kind of pretend you didn't just eat one and have another. And another. And... Well. You get the picture! Unfortunately, as a former cancer patient (and a human being!) she does get sick and she was feeling rather unwell and so couldn't come. I was disappointed, but I reasoned that I'd be seeing her a few days later (that's another story!). But I had all this baking. We were only two people in the house. What to do, what to do... Go hang out with mum! I ended up taking some to mum instead along with some chocolate tart from the night before and we hung out instead. I do, of course, totally understand, but still... Take 1. ;)


Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins

Ingredients:
3 overripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup sugar
100g butter, melted
1 egg
2T milk
1 1/2 cups flour
1t baking soda
1t baking powder
1 1/2 cups chocolate bits (you can use less but... Why would you want to??)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a mini muffin tin really well. In a bowl, place mashed bananas, sugar, melted butter, egg and milk and stir to combine. Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder onto banana mixture and stir to just combine. Stir in the chocolate bits. Do not overmix! Spoon the mixture into the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Easy? Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment