10.6.12

AFS Super Chocolate Cookies

So after my baking marathon of a week I was pretty tired. Then I realised that I still had to do some baking before going to the ballet with Cam because I had an AFS orientation camp that weekend. I was going to make some cupcakes, but then I thought that they wouldn't keep or transport that well, they'd take too long and I was definitely not in a mind space for decorating! So I thought cookies. But I wanted something a little more exciting than my choc chippies that I made earlier in the week so I found this recipe on Martha Stewart's website (I love her recipes!) and adapted it a bit to fit what I wanted to bake. They were a total success! It was awesome just sitting there with the other volunteers as we talked over the activities and shared the cookies around and seeing everyone going, "oh my god these are amazing!" they were just so chocolatey and goooood. If you want a chocolate hit, then these cookies are a life saver. They just taste so good. So make them. Right now.


Awesome Double Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup Dutch cocoa powder
1/2t baking soda
1/2t salt
230g chocolate bits
115g butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1t vanilla extract
3/4 cup peanut butter chips (this is optional because you can't get them in New Zealand. Dad brought some back from the US so I used them because, well. Peanut butter and chocolate. Need I say more?)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 175°C and grease and line two baking trays. Melt half the chocolate and butter in a bowl in the microwave then mix in the sugar. Then add the eggs and the vanilla, beating after each addition. Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until combined and then fold in the rest of the chocolate chips and the peanut butter chips. Scoop spoonfuls of the batter onto the prepared trays, placing about 4cm apart. Bake until cookies are flat and surfaces begin to crack, about 13-15 minutes. Enjoy the immense chocolate hit!

1 comment: