10.6.12

My Resignation Biscuits

Last week I had to resign from my old work because I got a new job. While it's very exciting to be starting a new job and I'm really looking forward to it, it is a bit sad to be leaving New World after having been there for about 18 months now. So I thought that I'd make some biscuits for the owner and his wife to say thanks for giving me my first job and all that. I decided to make these slightly different chocolate chip cookies because after I posted the other recipe my nana called me up and said that she uses this recipe now that she got from us and that it's way better! This one has oats, which is why I don't use it all the time, but they are a bit easier to get right and they still taste great. The recipe is from Jo Seagar Cooks.



Chocolate Chip Rolled Oat Biscuits

Ingredients:
250g butter
3/4 cup sugar
3T sweetened condensed milk
1/2t vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1t baking powder
1-2 cups chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 170°C and grease and line two baking trays. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the condensed milk and beat until pale and smooth. Mix in the vanilla, oats, flour and baking powder, then the chocolate chips. Place spoonfuls of the mixture on the prepared trays and press flat with a wet fork. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. chloe I love your blog! hehe these look delish :)

    ReplyDelete